I wanted to take the audience I built from my podcast and provide a deeper, more engaging experience with a video education platform. Edios Media provided the guidance and leadership on how to systematize the content and production processes so I could scale the amount of quality classes I am able to provide.
— Mike Dillard, Self Made Man
- Drive development process with each on-air instructor
- Collaborate with instructors to transform their subject matter
- expertise into the required format for video lessons
- Create detailed content outlines
- Train instructors as necessary to be camera-ready
- Create slides, downloadable assets, and other course materials
- Write marketing scripts for each class
- Consult with the Self Made Man production team throughout the entire process, from pre-production to post-production
- Create production processes and efficiencies
- Manage the visual asset creation
- Coordinate 16 production days across multiple locations in Austin, Texas in studio and on-location
- Coordinate set design and purchases
- Review all videos
EDUCATION PLATFORM CONSULTATION
- Consult on programming strategy
- Create content taxonomy
- Create curriculum maps
- Create content development templates for individual classes
- Recruit instructors and coordinate their contracts
- Wrote job descriptions for potential new hires
Using Edios Media’s 5 Pillars of Content system, we created a scalable and low-impact development cycle that allowed instructors flexibility in the lead-up to their production day.
Each production day was highly planned and produced, allowing us to shoot between 2 and 5 classes per day. Additionally, the Self Made Man team is using the templates and systems we provided to continue to add classes to the site regularly.
The Self Made Man platform launched in February 2018, with 40+ classes launched across 7 content verticals and continues to add new classes monthly.