The first step in any development process is identifying what we call the “5 Pillars of Content,” which act as the foundation for all the additional steps in the development process.
Once we are in agreement on the foundation of the content, it's time to develop the overall narrative and start diving deep into how the learner’s outcomes will be achieved.
- Identifying the overall narrative of the content
- Curriculum mapping
- Instructional design
- Reviewing outlines and scripts
- Creating detailed learner profiles
- Determining or evaluating video formats
- Developing creative takes to set the tone, voice, look, and feel
- Instructor training